Monday, June 14, 2010

Staycation



Today is the first day of my staycation.
Normally we
would be in Perdido Key about now, laying on the beach, soaking up the sun and David fishing in the surf. 

We usually always celebrate our anniversary (15 years Wednesday) this way.
But two things have come together to keep us at home.  The oil spill and the economy--(meaning our vacation budget) have come together to keep us at home.
Sooo, I'm cleaning house today, cleaning out the garage tomorrow and just generally goofing off.  Reading,

blogging, watching all of the TV shows I've recorded.  Fraiser, Miami Medical, Pawn Stars, Pickers etc.  I may watch The Tudors again.......I just don't know....
Sooo if any of you have an idea of something fun and cheap to do in Mississippi.......well please advise, otherwise I'll be here on the couch just vegging out.......

5 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

Happy anniversary!

Well, I would NOT do housework--would take some day trips...enjoy the new house..play with the dogs...eat take out..get up late...visit people you have not seen for a while..call some friends and meet for lunch...and have fun!

DUTA said...

A vacation is good both for the body and the soul.
For the body, try jogging, walking, napping
For the soul: reading, watching TV, practising a hobby.

Have a Happy Anniversary and enjoy your well-deserved vacation!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary a day or so late!!!! My hub and i just celebrated our 21st.
Helen has some really wonderful ideas!!!! Gotta love the some day trips too!!!Heres to many more wonderful years for you and your hubs!!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you have the ideal vacation spot. Enjoy your time, relax, read, watch your films perhaps get something new from Netflix. And cook some romantic meals....ohh la la. Have a wonderful staycation.

Grayquill said...

I have never been to Mississippi but I hear the bass fishing is pretty good... or is that the cat fishing.
I hope you had fun.