Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Tune In Dan's Cafe

If any of yawl are of a certain age...like me and watched Rod Serling's Night Gallery sometime around 1972...like I did and watched the re-runs....like I did you will remember the episode "The Tune In Dan's Cafe"....like I do.

And if you were an impressionable teenager...like I was, you might just remember the episode quite clearly...like I do.

"A weary couple destined for divorce happen on an old out of the way diner which has a creepy jukebox with a mind of its own. The couple learns the tale of the jukebox and not only is their marriage healed but an angry ghost finally wreaks his vengeance."

It seems that despite the fact that the records have been changed over and over, and despite that even the jukebox has been replaced with another one ...it still plays the same song, over and over....which was their song...it can be heard here.

And the story of the song can be read here.

And now you know why on a recent trip to Florida when we stopped to let the dogs take a walk and I saw this I was ready to get the heck out of there.
 

2 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

I think I would have had the same reaction!

AudraBark1 said...

Now that's creepy!