Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mommy We Were



Wondering about something:
Me:  Okay what?
CiCi/GinGin/TanTan/BitBit:  Well it's acually two somethings.
Me: Okay what?
CiCi/GinGin/TanTan/BitBit:  Well first of all, why were you taking a bath in Daddy's tub with your clothes on?
Me: I wasn't taking a bath I was scrubbing it out.  It's too deep to bend over and get the sides clean and the stuff I use makes it really slick and slippery.  Soooo if I slip and fall and break something I won't be naked when the paramedics arrive.
CiCi/GinGin/TanTan/BitBit:  Oh.
Me: What's the other thing?
CiCi/GinGin/TanTan/BitBit: Why haven't you been clogging?
Me: You mean blogging.....so many reasons, the laptop is cranky, I've been busy trying to keep up with housework and stuff.
CiCi/GinGin/TanTan/BitBit: You sure have been going to the auction a lot.
Me: Yeah I know, they have been having Monday night sales...I may need to get into a 12 step program....maybe not...there won't be any more until August.
CiCi/GinGin/TanTan/BitBit: Why don't you show your clogger friends some of the things you bought.
Me: Okay.
 This little box is from oh heck I can't remember, one of those mall stores...mine for $2.50.

 Bean pot for $2.50...for David to keep his peanuts in.

Little planter, old brown bottle and galvanized kerosene can...I know I know....

 Ceramic magnolia for a dear friend who loves them...$2.50.



A Medical Dictionary published in '47, with this very sweet inscription.

These two very sweet canisters for $2.50.  I gave one to a friend and the other will hold the body cream that I make.
 Couldn't resist these 5 stitch encyclopedias...they too were $2.50.

 And last but not least, these maracas...why?  I have no idea, except that they called to me....$2.50.

4 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love the first find..cool box!
I'm trying to not shop for awhile..it's been a couple of weeks!
Deb

Grayquill said...

It seems the going rate is $2.50.
There is an upside to all this collecting - When you retire you can supplemnent your income by seel it all on Ebay. :)GQ

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Love the flower cart! It's the thrill of the hunt, that keeps us going back!

DollZandThingZ said...

Great finds! Great prices, too!

Those Chihuahuas must keep you busy...they sure are cute!

Have missed you "clogging" and happy to see your post!

It was 99 here yesterday and maybe will be 100 today...not normal. Hope you are staying cool..

Helen