Sunday, April 19, 2009

Interesting Saturday

I had a really interesting day yesterday. I went junktiquing. Usually I don't go looking for anything in particular, it seems that when I get this need/passion to go it seems that something is looking for me and it is my job to find it.
I have become interested (obsessed) with felting. And I knew (hoped) there would be a 100% wool sweater at the Salvation Army store. And sure enough there was. It is kinda ugly and I got several looks when I bought it. As I was taking this picture, I looked at the label and it says something like made in the British Royal Providence of Hong Kong. So I guess it's pretty vintage huh? I'm going to try my hand at felting it today and even thought it is vintage, it will be better off upcycled than hanging out forever in the Salvation Army.

And then I found this pink Alencon lace dress. It is also vintage and a little (quite) dingy. I plan on washing it in the delicate cycle and making a funky pillow out of it.


And this little cruet for my olive oil...which I almost never use.



Then after this, I rode around and looked at new houses to get some ideas on how to decorate my front porch. Wow there are some gorgeous new houses around here.
Then I was hungry, and of all of the wonderful places to eat in the Mississippi delta, I ate at the Krystal.I love these little burgers. But you have to know how to eat them. I get them without cheese. I ask for extra mustard. I then squeeze mustard on one napkin ketchup on another napkin. Then I sprinkle a little salt on the mustard and ketchup and dip the burgers and fries in each while I read the newspaper. Iwas in Heaven. Except for one little thing...I noted one of the servers (not the one that waited on me) being rude to a customer for talking on his cellphone while she tried to take his order, but then I guess they made up, because a minute or two later they were talking nicely to each other. Then she sat down at a table and put her head down....I'm starting to think hmmm, when she jumped up went to the bathroom and everybody could hear her wretching.... So I had a dilemma. Am I about to get a stomach virus? Should I quit eating? No, the damage is probably already done. But it did put a damper on my lunch. I'm a nurse and of course it's not the first time I've heard somebody vomiting, but it was a first for being in an eatery.
Then I went to "Big Lots" and found some neat cones with flowers for my front doors.
Then I went to "Cat Track Kennels" and got some puppy food for the furbabies.


She is the Dog Whisperer that came to our house. Gosh she has a beautiful place. It is on ancient Indian grounds.
Then I went to the local antique store...I didn't buy anything. Everything was just too high..there was a little chair that I wanted.......may go back and get it next payday.
Then came home and hubby and I had crawfish for supper. Boy was it good.
Avery spent the night. Here is a conversation concerning crawfish.
Avery: I don't like crawfish.
Me: How do you know?
Avery: Does my Mommy eat crawfish?
Me: Yes.
Avery: Then that's how I know I don't like it.
Me: What do you mean?
Avery: When I was in her belly, I remember her eating it and when she swallowed it, I didn't like it.
Me: Oh.

No comments: