Sunday, May 16, 2010

It Was Kinda Late.........

around 9PM in fact, but David had been fishing for brim so that we could have some for supper.  He caught just enough.
I was cruising the internet and he was cruising the kitchen.

Him:  Do we have any corn meal?
Me:  If we do it's in the refrigerator.
Him:  No don't see any.
Me:  Just coat it in flour.
Him:  No, that's just not right.
Me:  I'll call the neighbors.  Can  we borrow a cup of cornmeal?
Neighbor:  Sure, I'll send D over with it.
Me:  Thanks, that's great, I'm in my nightgown.
Neighbor's son comes over with cornmeal when David says...
Him:  Do we not have any oil?
Me:  I don't know, did you look over the stove?
Him:  Yes.
Me:  Then I guess we don't have any.
Neighbor's son: Do you want me to go get you some?
Him/Me:  Yes.
Me: Calling neighbor and laughing hysterically.....can we borrow some oil?
Neighbor:  Why don't yawl just come over here and cook the fish?

3 comments:

Decadent Housewife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Decadent Housewife said...

:)

Kudzu said...

lol..that's how it works! tea,no sugar; coffee,no cream; cereal,no milk...
kudzu