Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mommy, You Haven't

posted anything in a long time again.  Quite frankly we don't like it.  And we are kinda sad because we like to read the comments from your clogger friends.  Because sometimes they say how cute we are.  And you know we like that kind of attention.....and besides you got some cool stuff from the talkshon that you went to. I know they would like to see it..
Me:  Okay, I really don't have a good excuse except that.....well whatever.  And once again it's blogger, not clogger.  Oh and it's auction not talkshon.
I kept my eye on this vase until it was brought up--well I'm actually close friends with one of the runners and he put it up for me so that I wouldn't have to wait in anxiety for the entire auction.  Nobody but me wanted it and it was mine for $2.50.  It looks like it is hand blown glass, but what do I know?  I just know that it makes me swoon every time I look at it.  It is about 12 inches tall.....and it's purple....and it has a special place on top of my kitchen cabinets.  Oh and it has that twisty stuff in the stem....sigh....if any of you glass people think that it might indeed be hand blown, please advise.
The other thing that I bought for $2.50 is this candy dish. It is pink with purple grapes and is about 14 inches long by about 6 inches wide.  I have no idea why it appealed so to me.  But I had to have it.  It now resides on my fireplace hearth.  (Till I find out where it is suppose to reside)
Another thing that came home with me is this jug.  I love it.  It is a gallon jug that has one half of the original cork in it.  The auctioneer held it up and said "It even has the original cork in it."  And proceed to try to pull it out and broke it off.  I have the other half and I think I'm going to put it back together with a long needle to hold the two pieces together.  The runner you see in the back ground is the one I bought for 25 cents at the Salvation Army.  And that is tatted lace on the edge. It is on a chair that I bought at an estate sale. I cleaned the chair up and it is a catch all at the back door.  I think I had to pony up $7.50 for the jug, but I wanted it very badly.  It was the highest thing I bought.
When I look around my house, I realize that it is decorated with auction/estate/Salvation Army/thrift store/flea market finds.  But every single thing makes me smile.  So my decor  is eclectic junktique...
Oh and here is one more picture that makes me smile...Avery GBaby #4 and Ginger.  Like me, Avery is the only other person in the family that knows the puppies are more than just puppies.  They are real.  They are puppy girls.

3 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

The jug is absolutely wonderful and Avery is one smart little girlie - not to mention cute!

DollZandThingZ said...

You have a good eye--and good taste! I love what you found.

Adorable photo of Avery. All your photos are great, actually! Your sweet dogs make me smile.

Glad you posted!

Grayquill said...

I just wanta' know why such a pretty candy dish sits empty. After all with all that money you saved and the fact that halloween candy is on sale every where, you are really without excuse.
That's all I have to say about that. o)