Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Little Chrismas Story



One day last week I woke up overwhelmed with all the things that I needed to do.  Get ready for a Christmas party....decorate....and many other things. Normally I am a very happy glass is half full type of person, but this morning I was not in the best frame of mind.  I was feeling sorry for myself and in an ill mood.
As I was driving to work it occurred to me that my days are numbered.  No I don't have a terminal disease, but my days are numbered and only God knows how many I have.  I should live in the moment and rejoice in every single day.  As the scripture says; Rejoice and again I say rejoice. (Philippians 4: 4)
So during my short drive to work, I prayed to God.  I always use ACTS  for my prayers. A--affirmation--give God glory and praise, C--contrition--ask for forgiveness, T--give thanks for your blessing and S--supplication--give God your cares and ask for His blessings and grace.  My short version of this is: I love you Lord, forgive me Lord, thank you Lord and help me Lord.  
This particular morning I asked the Lord to help me be joyful, to live the day as if it was my last, and to inspire others with my attitude.  I finished up my prayer as I walked toward the hospital. As I walked up toward the canopy, something made me look up.  I saw a little feather floating down just above my head.  It landed gently at my feet...I think He heard me...don't you?

10 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

Gratitude is a gift and a blessing. Being grateful will almost always help. How wonderful about the feather!

Merry Christmas, my dear Internet friend. It's been many years that we have been reading each others' blogs.

Have lovely day with your family...ans hug those two sweet, tiny dogs for me!

Helen

DUTA said...

I like your attitude, and the feather was a sign from Heaven that your prayer was accepted.

Affi'enia said...

That is a beautiful little moment, love it!

white o'morn cottage said...

What a nice story. Makes one concentrate on the the important moments...this one. Have a lovely Christmas...Best wishes....Pam

Kudzu said...

beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

kudzu

Decadent Housewife said...

Absolutely.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Vintage Christine said...

Wow--you had a Forrest Gump moment! Beautiful!!!

gina g said...

Love this! Thank you for sharing it!

Camellia said...

Yes.

And each day is a gift.

Unknown said...

Ooh I do believe this way as well, only i think sometimes some do not listen...if that makes sense....
Hugs,
jackie