Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy Part II

Before I get started, I want yawl to know that I haven't been posting or commenting on your blogs as much as I usually do because, 1.  My laptop's, charger is on the fritz and I have ordered a new one. 2.  The PC is in the part of the house where the central unit is out and even with an electric heater running wide open, it is still pretty cool back here.  3.  I keep up with what all of yawl are doing on my iPhone, but it's hard to comment and post from the little screen.  4. The charger should be here sometime this week...and I'll be back to my regular posting and commenting.  Now on to Things That Make Me Happy Part II

 
This little silicone thing that I bought from a friend's child, who was selling stuff for his school.
 
 
I love my piano.  It is the fulfilment of a dream of mine to have a digital piano.  I just don't play it enough.  I don't take the time that I should.  Over the piano hangs a vintage poster that  I bought years ago for five bucks.  It reminds me of my uncles when they played music.  You can see one of my uncle's guitars next to my piano.
 

I love these old hats.  I bought them at the auction.  And I really love the picture.  I bought the print for 10 cents when I was in the third grade.  I had it framed when I started work as a nurse.  It has followed me everywhere.  These are in my powder room.
 
This is my tricycle that I got when I was about 4 or 5.  And now it is repurposed as you can see in the powder room.......
More favorites later......love you all and have a great week.

3 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Luv your things that make you happy and how you use them! The books in frames it a great idea! your little bike as a toilet paper holder...cute!!
Deb :)

Grayquill said...

You hang on to stuff a long time. How in the world do you still have you childhood tricycle? It is definitely an antique now. You have a nice home. It sounds like it has been cold there.

Keetha said...

I love the way you personalize your home, with all these neat bits of your story and your family's story. Love that!