Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Few Little Things

To Tell You.

One of the Christmas gifts that I gave #4 was this:
and her Mama said to leave it here for her to play with...apparently somebody told Mama that these things are quite messy.  But that's okay, 'cause it looks like a lot of fun to me...can't wait to play with it, I mean I can't wait for us to play with it.

This chair is old, it came out of my Mama's cousin's house.  It was in our house for I know around 45 years.  My brother had it in his house and his wife recovered it in that material.  When they divorced it returned to us.  I didn't know what happened to it, hadn't thought about it in years since Mama sold the farm and moved. Apparently she left it in the house.......and the other day when I went home, I drove up to the house and it was sitting on the front porch.  The people that bought the house only come home ever so often and it was quite tempting to just try to put in in the trunk.  It's going to ruin sitting out there in the weather.

I put this gorgeous compote on my wish list at Special Treasures, a fabulous gift store in town...I didn't get it.  And I didn't get that Sorrelli necklace or bracelet either.......buuuutttt I did get a new TV for the bedroom which I wanted and I got something I have been asking for for years...
A bottle tree!! Mine looks something similar to this one. Right now it is lying on it's side in the front yard waiting for me to find a place for it.  I have plans...all those bottles David brings home from the woods and colored bottles from here and there...
Okay---more later.

4 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

The crayon maker looks like a LOT of fun. I know what you mean though. When our oldest grands were little their mom (our daughter) would tell them that the 'noise toys' we got them got to stay at Granny and Papa's house so they'd have things to play with here. Yeah - right! Same was true for things she thought were messy, ie Play Dough, finger paints, etc. Our younger grands don't come that often and their folks just put those kinds of things away and they never get to play with them so we just don't buy stuff like that for them. Your bottle tree is very intriguing. What's it made out of?

DollZandThingZ said...

That bottle tree is very interesting and will look great when it is filled with bottles and the light is shining through!

Any way you can ask them for the chair and save it?

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Love a bottle tree- I have two large ones and a small one for my small bottles. My dil always wants to leave my grandsons art stuff at my house too!

Sketching with Dogs said...

You should have marched up to the house and shouted 'hi, I'm taking this old chair for (some charitable cause) and put it in your car!
That bottle tree looks so nice, will you put a pic on when you find a place for it.
Lynne x