Monday, September 14, 2009

Busy


It has been wildly busy around here.
I took off last Thursday and Friday to get my house clean and ready for a Bridesmaids' luncheon Saturday. There were 23 people here not counting the hostesses. It was very nice if I do say so myself.
And a big plus..David trimmed out my doll cabinet (he had too--the raw sheet rock was exposed) and it looks great. Now all I need is to get someone to install the glass shelves and the glass doors.
Saturday night was the wedding and of course the reception. The wedding was the daughter of my BFF Celia. The wedding was just gorgeous. And the reception was great. We had to leave early so we could keep the wild monkeys--I mean grandkids. Their daddy was in the wedding and of course he and my daughter wanted to enjoy the reception with the other young people their age.
By Sunday when I had taken the wild monkeys--I mean grandkids home--I was pooped.
The picture is another one of my "scores" at weekend before lasts auction. Mine for $2.50. This one is selling on eBay now for $5.00 something. It is a huge and beautiful book, filled with wonderful pictures and illustrations. (sorry for the bad pic--just took it quickly on my phone)

6 comments:

DUTA said...

Good Luck to the young couple! And you have good reason to feel satisfaction for the way you arranged the house for the wedding.

Enjoy the new book you've just bought!

Vintage Christine said...

Hey girlfriend, you have GOT to get a better camera! Would love to see more of that book--and next time you go to an auction up there, let me know. You're such a good grannie.

Camellia said...

Yes, where is the auction...and a bridesmaid luncheon followed by a wedding follwed by wild monkey shennaigans...aren't you just the thing.

white o'morn cottage said...

That's so lovely. You do have an eye for a bargain!

Decadent Housewife said...

We'll forgive you the photo - wild monkeys, no doubt.

The Blog of Bee said...

How absolutely satisfying.

Interesting that you should have wild monkeys!! I could swear that you're not alone there but I don't have any yet!