Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Change Of Plans

We had great plans--today we were supposed to be headed to Louisville KY, with reservations to stay here.  We had planned to have Thanksgiving with David's sister. 
David, his brother Darryl, two of the grandkids and the two puppy girls and I all in one vehicle.  Everything was planned to a T.  I even had gotten a prescription for medication to help me relax.   I don't get car sick on long trips, I get car crazy.  I take books, magazines, my laptop--you name it to try to keep me sane--but ultimately the craziness sets in.  And you will hate me.  And if you are traveling with me, I will hate you.  I squirm, I whine, I snort, I sigh. Buuuttt...........Saturday I found myself in the ED....kidney stone passed but near septic with a kidney infection....I have been sicker, but that is not saying a lot.  With a temperature hovering near 102, gagging with the dry heaves, rigors and a feeling of impending doom, (Oh and I wound up with my IV in my foot!!--the only place they could find to stick me!!)    I thought well I guess I won't be going to KY.......Thanks to great doctors, nurses, lab and X-ray techs I'm home today and fine.
I am very thankful for being home, being on the mend and having a great husband who always stands by me.  Happy Thanksgiving To All.

7 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

Oh, dear!

Most grateful that you are home and okay. KY trip was not meant to be. It is good that this happened BEFORE you got on the road.

Feel better soon. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving and sending you a hug.

AngelMc said...

yes Helen you are so right...i really hadn't even thought about what if this had happened in KY...
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

DUTA said...

In a way you were lucky. It could have happened while on the road or as a guest in Louisville.

Get better fast, and have a happy Thanksgiving!

Decadent Housewife said...

Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving and hoping you get back to good health.

Unknown said...

Some girls will do anything to get out of cooking turkey dinner! Hehe I am just teezin!!! Please do take care of yourself and get better!!!! Many Many Fragile Hugs,
Jackie
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Vintage Christine said...

A friend of mine just had one of those kidney stone episodes and she was really in alot of pain, so am so glad you're doing ok. Take care my friend!!

Camellia said...

aI am so glad you are better and home. And you have the hubby and the puppy girls to cuddle with.