Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Wild Weekend Rumpas Or Bear With Me I Have A Lot To Tell You 2

It all started last Thursday, still feeling ill from a chest cold, I took off at noon to rest up/get ready for #4's birthday party to be held here.
I went home and went straight to bed...took a nap, woke up, ate, took a bath and went back to bed.
Friday morning dawned bright and early for me at noon, when I drug myself out of bed and began to clean the house.  Having your house clean/straight for yourself is one thing, clean/straight for friends and family is another and having it straight/clean for folks that don't know you is something different all together.
By around 5 or 6 I had it presentable.  Enter daughter and grandkids #4 and #5.  Goodie bags were made,cake was repaired from a slippage, garage was cleaned up and what couldn't be cleaned up was covered up.  #4 spends the night and goes to sleep around 11PM...

(The cupcakes were supposed to surround the cake,  but the cake slid to the left.....soooo we improvised)
Saturday the guest arrive, the jumpy slide thing is up, kids are sliding and jumping, pizza, cake and ice cream is consumed, pinata is busted, kids scramble for candy.....life is good.
Son and 4 of his 5 kids do not make it here in time for the party.....but I remind his daddy that he will be here when you see him coming....that's just the way it is.
Party is over, stuff is cleaned up and no kids had any injuries on the jumpy slide thing.  #4 had a great time and a wonderful birthday.  She got some dolls that I wanted......

That's the birthday girl on the jumpy slide thing......I admit that my daughter convinced me to get on it Sunday to the delight of all the grandchildren...there is a picture somewhere......
Saturday after the party #1 and I take a trip to the Dog Whisperer for dog food.....I asked the Dog Whisperer about CiCi and GinGin gaining weight...she told me to exercise them more and asked me did I not remember what she had taught us.   "Exercise, it will be good for them and you too."  I did not take offense, she is right and besides she is the only person on the face of this earth that I would trust CiCi and GinGin with other than my daughter.
#1 and I also went to the Salvation Army, which was a first for her. You should have seen the look on her face, "Nonna, this stuff is used!"  I bought her a paperback book and I bought myself some kind of cut glass thing..total 80 cents.
Saturday afternoon my son and the rest of his family arrive.......#s 2, 3, 6 and 7.  All are on the jumpy slide thing......then this happens to #3.

Which gets a trip to the local Emergency Department, Xray and a splint.
Then this happens...

...to #2 which gets ice and elevation.
Nothing much happens Saturday night except that I announce to my DIL and all that I have "hit the wall."  I go to bed and hear various sounds of bubble baths being given, blankets being pulled out of closets...etc.
Wake up Sunday morning and miss church....feel guilty....sigh...more kids on jumpy slide thing, sausage and biscuits....picking up around the house, washing/drying/folding of many towels etc. A little whining, crying, tattle telling, no major fights.
Then we notice that #3 is not moving and will not move his arm.  Elbow is swollen and tender...can't bend it...sigh...and it's cooler and paler than the other arm.  So back to the local ED.   And from there on to the University Medical Center Pedi ED....long story short, something may have compromised the circulation but after removing the splint and placing in a sling, by the time they got to UMC it was better...so no fracture could be seen, which is typical for pedi bones...got a soft cast and goes back in week. If a fracture is seen at that time will get a fiberglass cast.
During this time, #s7, 6 and 2 get a bubble bath, while #7 wails for one hour for his mama.  #1 has gone home to her mama, #s 4 and 5 have gone home to their mama.  DIL's mother drives down to help, because we didn't know if #3 was going to have to have surgery.
Now it is Monday night, many sippy cups, wet diapers, coloring books, play dough, laughs, tears, ice cream, cup cakes, balloons, misplaced socks, and Wii games later it is all over but these precious memories.  Did I stop and enjoy it enough?  Well I did better than I usually do,  I didn't worry so much about the dirty dishes and sticky floors.  They won't be this age much longer......sigh.
Oh and this is a conversation right before David went to bed.  I'm in the shower and he is running water for his tub bath.
Him:  "Is this a donut in the tub?"
Me:  "Yes."


a painter said...

I am exhausted from reading this! But, what fun! You are so right--they are only young once! They grow up so quickly--

They look like a happy, fun bunch! You are a wonderful grandmother!

Decadent Housewife said...

This is great great great! And only donuts in the tub?

Grayquill said...

I'm with 'A Painter' "I am exhausted reading this"
What we go through to put a smile on those little kiddlets.
Good Job! I'm proud of you.