Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mommy, Why Haven't You

been playing with your laptop thing...you know tapping your fingers on it...and putting pictures of us on your clog thing...so that all of your cloggy friends will know what we are doing?
Me:  I don't know, I keep thinking about all these things that I want to blog about--it's blog not clog,  but I just can't seem to get around to it.
CiCi and GinGin: Oh blog..okay.  Well go ahead tell them what has been rattling around in your head.
Me: Okay, here you go...
I went here the other day, because there was something there that wanted me, and whatever it was...was calling to me.
For those of you that read my blog will know that I have posted about shoes at the Salvation Army before. Check it out here
For some reason, I'm drawn to the shoes there and (no I'm not crazy) and think about what are the little stories behind them..so here goes.
These are Ferragamo pumps with "Made in Italy" stamped inside.  Ferragamo is embossed in gold on the buckles.  My cousin Annette says they are from the 80s.   It's hard for me to imagine these shoes on someone deep in the Mississippi Delta...they remind me of  Krystle Carrington...somehow she must have made her way through here while filming Dynasty.

These are Chrissy.. from Three's Company.
These are Alexis Carrington.....hmmm they were both here. I wonder if they got in a cat fight while dining at Lusco's...
And here are the twins Ann Landers and Abigail VanBuren...
And last but not least they are still here......to the anonymous bridesmaid.....always a bridesmaid...never a bride.....
Disclaimer: One of the rules of my little game, is that I can't touch the shoes, only photograph them.  And the thing is, nobody in the Salvation Army pays the least bit of attention to me while I'm doing this.

9 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

Holly wanted to say "hey" to your girls--she went to the vet yesterday for her annual checkup and she has been MISERABLE ever since. It takes her a whole day to recuperate from all the shots and insertions and all. I gave a ton of shoes to the Goodwill about a year ago but I would never buy someone else's shoes myself. Yuck.

Grayquill said...

Here's the problem. First comes picture taking. Then comes picture posting. Next comes shoe touching...well you see where this going. Is an intervention necessary? You scoff at me do you? See thats the first layer of denial, protecting the addiction. Next comes anger...I think I better leave now - bye.

DollZandThingZ said...

LOVE the photos of the shoes! Love your descriptions even more! Especially "the twins."

There was a time I would have bought some of those shoes just to display! Now I see people sell them on ETSY for high prices under "vintage."

Not to say anything... but the shoes where you are seem much more glamorous than here!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oooh, those shoes are gorgeous - but not as gorgeous as you two little beauties!
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx
ps, our mum has trouble clogging too

Oklahoma Granny said...

Interesting pastime.

Annette said...

Great shoes! Having to eat my words...the Ferragamo shoes look more like the 90's! I love the S&A! Treasures to be uncovered!

a.M. said...

This cracks me up!

The Blog of Bee said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely but I'm looking for heels - yes heels - high heels!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

O.K. you had me with the dogs,but this post confirms it. You are my kind of person. This is something I would think of! i just joined your site. Can't wait for more posts to make my day.