Friday, October 30, 2009

A Warning From My Daughter



Last Sunday my daughter and I had enjoyed a little shopping therapy and we were on the way home.  As I was approaching a red light this is our conversation--and oh btw she is 29 and I'm 53.
Daughter:  "Be careful there is a cop car behind you."
Me:  "What do you think I'm going to do?  Run the red light?  Peel out? Burn rubber? Squeal my tires?  Leave some rubber on the asphalt.?"
Daughter: "Just don't do anything crazy."
I guess my reputation will stay with me forever.  I know she doesn't know about this or this ... so what could it be?

4 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

Too funny!!

It is clearly time for you to revert to your old ways and buy a muscle car to use on the weekends!

Happy weekend!

Vintage Christine said...

Yup, as long as you've got the rep, at least have fun with it! My mother-in-law does the same thing with her hubby--every time she sees a cop, she mutters, "John Q, Wayne, John Q." Her code for SLOW THE F**K DOWN (except he doesn't drive fast any longer, either).

Keetha said...

That's funny. It seems that your reputation precedes you!

The Blog of Bee said...

We're all in the same boat!!!