Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coping Mechanisms

The other day after I had washed/dried/hung up some of David's jeans, I put them all together and counted them.  He has 26 pair.  26.  That's right--26.  I think that this is ridiculous.  Why?  Because he works in scrubs...He can't possibly wear them all.  He has brand new ones that still have the labels on them.  He has some that are so worn/torn that you can  see...never mind.  He has some that are too tight, that he is forbidden to wear.  He has some that are to short, too long........And every time I mention it to him, he's like yeah, I need to go through them and do something with them.  But he hasn't.  So in order to cope with this, I folded them a certain way and turned them all the same way on the hangers.  It made me feel a little better.
Yesterday when I was looking at them I decided that if I tried to get them all about the same length on the hanger, I would feel better.  So I took each one of them and tried to hang them about the same length from the crotch on the hanger.  This made me feel better.
Then this afternoon I was looking at them and I decided I would feel even better if I hung them from lightest color to darkest color.  Hmmmm.  This made me feel better.  Then I thought maybe I should put them all on the same color of hanger, most of them are on white hangers sooo......but I didn't.
No I do not have OCD.  I'm just trying to control my environment....is that a little crazy.....hmmm maybe...but at least it makes my closet a little neater.
Oh and by the way there are on 23 in the picture and I have no idea where the other three are.....

5 comments:

Debra said...

You can come to my house and be crazy all you want. I have lots of closets that could use your help! :) :)

Affi'enia said...

I can get like that about ordering things. I think you need to sit him down, maybe put a beer in his hand, and get him to go through those jeans. No one needs 26 pairs hehehehe

Sketching with Dogs said...

That is a LOT of jeans, I thought it was only women who collected clothes like that, lol!
I have to step back when I open my wardrobe door lest I be killed by the avalanche!
Lynne

DollZandThingZ said...

Men and clothes...it's always "I need to go through them..."

That's lot of jeans!

Good job. Please come here and organize our stuff!

Grayquill said...

That is interesting but the real question is how many pairs of shoes do you have? And/or, maybe the real problem is, the jeans are beginning to infringe on your coveted closet space. Just a thought taken from my vast knowledge of women. Hah hah…
One suggestion - mark the jeans in some small way, maybe a piece of tape, any of the jeans that not been worn over the next six months, toss them. He will never know.