Sunday, August 1, 2010

Soooo Mommy Let's Talk About This Estate Sale Thing...

CiCi n GinGin:  Mommy, we don't understand the hoopla about this estate sale that you went to.  What is the big deal?  You blew off work for an hour and a half Thursday and stood in line in the early morning Mississippi heat, what is in that house?  Puppy Treats?  Birds? Squirrels?  Ice Cream?  What?  And then you went back today after church didn't you?  Didn't you?  And that heat index thing was 110.  Wasn't it?  Wasn't it?

 Me:  Okay, okay.  Yes I did....but I know the lady whose stuff they were selling, seems she moved into an apartment and had to get rid of her stuff.  I have actually gone to auctions where she and I bid against each other...we like the same stuff.  Also she used to have an antiques store, and she has spent 50+ years collecting.  So it was three stories plus a garage full of stuff.  Stuff for days and days and days.  I bet there was a squirrel in there somewhere...
CiCi n GinGin:  So what did you buy?
Me:  Well, just a few things that I wanted...there was soooo much stuff there it was just overwhelming.  But I bought...these...

They are kinda atomic glasses, I think that is the Mississippi Valley Gas logo on there. And there is a lady (Donna Reed-ish) standing in front of a stove. 7--as Larry the auctioneer says, a set of 6 with 1 to break.

And this slightly scruffy tea set...it has the words 24 karat on the bottom.  Whoop!

And I take it you like the beaded purses...the white one is your favorite?

And yawl know I'm a fool for these old pictures, especially of ladies......

And these girls need my help....two bride dolls, a Dale Evans doll and this Tammy doll...all just need my loving touch...I could not leave them there......
This chair despite the fact that it's kinda grungy will clean up nicely and be a great catch all at the back door...I love chairs..

Oh and last but not least...this little hand made high chair...Thursday when it wasn't priced the estate queen bee asked me how much and I said $2.00, she snickered at me and put $8.00 on it.  I left it there.  Today I got it for $4.00.  It was waiting on me to come back.  Did I mention that I love chairs...especially little ones?
And did I mention that today was half price day?
CiCi and GinGin:  Sigh.......

6 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

GREAT haul! Love the things you bought. Love your dear sweet chi girls, CiCi and GinGin, too...they are so darn cute!

Vintage Christine said...

I've been known to go back for a second shot at an estate sale. I know you had fun! And your girls are sooo beautiful!

Oklahoma Granny said...

It would have been fun to just look around at that estate sale. Love all the dolls - especially Dale Evans.

Annette said...

You got some great things. Love the purses and the dolls. I bought a doll the other day. Why???? Cause it was nekked! LOL!

JacksDad said...

Well, you look like you did really well at the estate sale! Sometimes you just need to buy something because...
and that's good enough reason! :)

BrushedByAnAngel said...

I just found your blog after visiting Kudzu at Bits and Pieces. I love the things you got at the sale, especially the picture of the pretty lady. Great haul!! I am going to become a follower to keep up with all the things you find.