Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Bought This At The Estate Sale

I have been meaning to share this with you.  I bought this really cool old post card album from at an estate sale.
I know the people, and it was kinda sad, but still these things are loved again by me.
The album is in poor condition...but that doesn't keep me from loving it.
These are some of the cards that are inside:




Pretty cool huh?
And I also bought this tiny devotion book.  It is about 2 and 1/2 inches by about 1 and 1/2 inches.  Does anyone have any idea how I can clean the outside without harming it?

This is the inscription on the inside.
It's over a hundred years old!!!! And I paid $2.50 for it...
Here is on of the devotions.
More pictures of my treasures tomorrow....or the next day....or the next...

8 comments:

BrushedByAnAngel said...

What wonderful treasures! I don't know what to use to clean the little book but I like it the way it is.

Affi'enia said...

Those are pretty sweet!

Oklahoma Granny said...

What great finds. I'm glad they have a new home that will truly appreciate them.

DollZandThingZ said...

Those post card books go for for hundreds of dollars here--and in worse condition. Wonderful find.

I would not attempt anything with the book. Paper is fragile and a good conservator would know what to do...but amateur attempts often fail.

WOW! You are finding wonderful stuff!!

Grayquill said...

Paper discolors over time. I think it would be a mistake to try to clean it. The percentage of cotton content in a sheet of paper is what will cause it to last. Book papers have little or no cotton. Keep it out of direct sun light and in a cool dry place.

DUTA said...

It's risky to try to clean the book, but ask in an arts and crafts store; they may have something which works without causing damage.
Enjoy your finds!

Mid-Craft Crisis said...

I went through a short phase when I would buy books that had written messages in the front just because it was fun to imagine what the people were like. These books are great finds. I especially like the post cards. Thanks for stopping by my blog again. I enjoy your posts too. :-)

Decadent Housewife said...

I'm with everyone else about leaving the little book be. These are really wonderful treasures you've been entrusted with.