Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday morning


Our morning started out on a sad note. Our neighbor lost his dad. We went over this morning as soon as they called us. It was so very sad. David and I both can relate. We are both "orphans" since both of us have lost both our parents. My dad died when I was little and I lost my mother 3 years ago. David recently lost his parents within 3 years of each other. No matter how old you are, the loss of a parent is hard and leaves a place that never really heals. So our heart when out to our neighbors.
I took this picture of his back yard. I stood on his back porch while the soft rain misted my face and thought about what a wonderful earthly view he had enjoyed, but the view in Heaven will be much much better.

2 comments:

Decadent Housewife said...

So sorry to hear this - very true, a little place that will always be empty.

white o'morn cottage said...

I know how that is. I lost my dad on 23rd Dec last. Such a sad loss. My thoughts are with your friend at this time. Pam