Saturday, May 9, 2009

Things To Tell You This Morning


I'm blogging on a laptop that is covered in white dog hair--and it doesn't even faze me anymore.
I seem to accept long white dog hair as a way of life. It impossible to control--I just have to do the best I can.
Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I have been thinking about my Mama a whole lot--how much I miss her and there is an empty place in my heart that can never be filled.
My uncle is going to a wound care center now, the wound just keeps getting bigger. All this time I have thought that it was a venous stasis or possibly a arterial wound. The physician did a biopsy to rule out squamous or basil cell carcinoma. I had never thought about that. 7 signs of cancer--a wound that doesn't heal.....
I have pictures from last weekend's junktiqueing and I have been meaning to post them. I'll get to that maybe tonight. I seem to be getting interested in old tarnished silver. I bought a large tarnished platter and when I turned it over, I see "silver plate over copper." Now it is heavy and solid copper, isn't copper worth a good bit? I cleaned it up and I'm going to do something funky with it. I'll let you know.
It has rained daily and I don't mind. Everything is a lush green, the grass is almost knee high, buttttt nobody will say anything because it's too wet to cut. The yard is coming along but needs more seeding professionally done. I think that while it's wet, David should just go throw some seed out. He doesn't think so.
The dogs went out this morning and the geese came over to check them out. They barked at the geese and the geese just looked at them, it was a Mexican standoff--the geese aren't coming out of the lake and the dogs sure aren't going in the water. They will roll in the mud, but they won't get in the water.
I finished our Pandemic Flu plan and we have stepped up our surveillance in accordance with the Mississippi State Department of Health. My motto is prepare and pray. Pray it won't happen but be prepared in case it does.
My Administrator poo pooed on it. He says that we don't need it as long as we have a Disaster Plan and how many hours did I spend on it blah blah blah. He calls me a gnat swatter when I should be shooting elephants. I gave him back as good as I got. "Because the MSDH says we need one and the CDC says we need one, blah blah blah. Use to he could ruin my day, he loves to try to push my buttons and bait me. I finally learned this and give it back to him. He can only fire me, he can't kill me. After all he is the one who moved me to this position....and I'm going to do the right thing. Always.
This is my morning routine at work: go in the front door, swipe my card to get to the ED/Lab, pick up my culture reports from the lab, pick up my employee TB skin test results, say good morning to everybody as I come down the hall, unlock my door, boot up my computer, check my email, respond to any emails as needed, go to the Nurses' Desk, speak to everybody, follow up with any cultures/problems/quality issues as needed, return to my office and go to cafeteria and have grits/bacon (try to eat oatmeal--try), now here is where the rest of the story comes in--if the rest of my girlfriends aren't there yet, I have a decision to make--do I sit with guys at their table or do I sit alone at our table. Hmmm, it depends on what kind of vibes I'm getting from them. Usually we have our gaggle of girls table where we do a quick catch up and a little gossip, while we listen to the guys and roll our eyes. There is always a lot of good natured ribbing going back and forth between our two tables (oh and my husband is at this table too). We always try to one up one another. Yesterday there was teasing going on because our Administrator had gotten some kind of flyer about a helicopter pilot course, Kay who always has the best come backs set them straight. Then our table had a little conversation about how they were going to ruin Eddie our new pharmacist.....but maybe not because he is a good guy....etc. etc.
When I returned to my office, I light bulb went off in my head---I'm back in high school again!!! It's the same thing as homeroom, the guys at one table the girls at another--sometimes mixing in together--teasing each other--guys vs girls stuff.
Some things never change

2 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

Two years ago I sent out 3 Mother's Day cards--my Mom, Mike's mom, and my father's wife. Last year I sent out two--Dad's wife had passed. This year, just one to my mother-in-law, with Mom leaving us in January. I know how you feel about the hole in your heart--it might get a little smaller over the years, but truly, it will never close. And I wouldn't want it to, anyway.

Keetha said...

That's great - the high school analogy!