Friday, July 3, 2009

Random Things To Tell You


I'm going to an auction tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited about it. As you may know I love junktique. This is a picture from the auction's website. Can't wait. I hope that tarnished silver pitcher is still there. I have been thinking about how I passed it up. I have an idea for it......




There's another new antidepressant on the market. Whoo hoo, probably a "me too" drug. But I love the little wind up doll, I wonder if I could buy one......except I would want mine to have a smile on her face.




This the book that my book club is reading. And I'm struggling with it. Some parts of it I enjoy, other parts...I know that it is an allegory, but maybe I just don't think deeply enough for this kind of stuff.
I do love my book club. All of us have different kinds of books that we like to read and I enjoy the different points of view. I prefer stories that are either true-life are based on true-life.
Has anybody read Wicked? Tell me our opinion. Did you struggle with it? I'm about half way through.


And last but certainly not least--Happy 4th of July and God Bless America. I have attached a link for Flag Etiquette here.

2 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi...
I hope you were able to purchase the treasures that you wanted at the auction today...
Happy 4th !
Deb :)

Vintage Christine said...

Hope you had a fabbo time at the auction--there's one in Raymond today selling the estate of a Covington LA doctor--my pal at Bayou Moon Antiques in Mandeville had told me about this but I'm pretty sure it will be overrun with dealers from Jackson & New Orleans with scads of cash. I've never been to an auction, just estate sales and really want to start going since when I watch "Cash In The Attic" everything seems to go so cheap! As for "Wicked"--I will stick with the traditional series by L. Frank Baum--I thought "Wicked" started out great but I gave up halfway through. I'm sure it will be made into a movie sooner or later since it's already a musical, so just wait for the DVD!