Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Dog Whisperer


A dog whisperer came to our house yesterday. We can't seem to get CiCi and GinGin trained. I knew it was going to be all our fault and of course it is. I knew that GinGin had a few problems--I call it skittish and sensitive, but the dog whisperer said she is neurotic and well...it's my fault.
Seems when I comfort her, I'm reinforcing her anxiety.
We learned a whole lot of stuff and we are trying our best to do what she said. She came in and took charge just like Cesar does. Everything she said is based on pack behavior. I'm sure she is correct and we are making the changes that she has said........well we are supposed to not let them in the bed with us for two weeks at least until we establish the fact with them that we are the alpha male and alpha female. Then we can invite them into the bed, up on the couch etc. because these are our spaces.
When we get the two crates then we will start having them sleep in there rather in the bed with us.
I can already see changes in them from just a few simple changes we have made.
I'll let you know how it turns out. (I wonder if it will work on David?)
Morelater--AngelMc

1 comment:

DollZandThingZ said...

Good luck! If it works, let me know and we can talk about Yorkies!